close
Do you like trackitt?
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for multiple tickers per page!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for right-to-left languages!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has support for loading content via an RSS feed!
  • jQuery News Ticker now has an optional fade effect between items!
  • New updates have been made to jQuery News Ticker! Check below for more details!
  • jQuery News Ticker is now compatible with jQuery 1.3.2! See below for further details and for latest download.
  • Further updates to jQuery News Ticker are coming soon!

Please submit your thread title

Advertisement               
      
Add a new post in this thread Ask an immigration lawyer Receive email notifications when new posts are added to this thread
Start a new thread in this forum

Urgent Help Needed

Like this thread? I don't like this thread 0I like this thread 0
Posted by born4h1b (60) 24 Aug 2017#1
Hi,

Your advice will be very helpful. Thanks a lot in advance.

Me and my spouse both are on H1B. I lost my job on 7/21/17. I haven not found another employer yet, I'm planning to change to H4.

I have tried reaching out to couple of members in the group with similar situation but waiting to hear back on them.

Here are my questions.

1) My spouse's H1 extension is filed and still pending. Can I file for change of status to H4 with spouse Pending H1 application receipt notice.

2) Which is better Change of status application or go to home country, wait till my spouses H1 approval copy followed by H4 stamping?

3) If change of status is recommended, since I have already crossed 30 days, what is the time line by when I should be submitting Change of status to H4.

I will take legal advice as well. Please advice asap.
(reply) I don't like this postI like this post
 



Do you like trackitt?
Add a new post in this thread Ask an immigration lawyer Receive email notifications when new posts are added to this thread Start a new thread in this forum
1 user watching this thread
Tell your friends about trackitt